President, Robert Suarez
1. Full Membership to this Association shall be open to any active full time paid law enforcement
officer, either Federal, State, County or Municipal, who is a canine handler, trainer or
administrator, pending approval of regional elected officers. This shall include members of the
Military Police who may be either canine handlers, trainers, or administrators.
2. Any full member may continue as such in the event he or she enters military service and later
returns to canine law enforcement on a full time basis.
3. An Associate Membership may be held in the Association under the following conditions:
a. A person who trains canines for an established law enforcement agency.
b. A retired full time paid law enforcement officer, either Federal, State, County or Municipal,
who was a canine handler, trainer or administrator pending approval of regional elected
officers. This shall include members of the military police that may be retired canine handlers,
trainers or administrators.
c. Associate membership must have approval of Regional Elected Officers.
d. Associate membership shall have voting privileges but cannot hold regional or National
4. An Honorary Membership may be bestowed on a person for distinguished or meritorious acts
in the field of canine service.
5. Special Membership may be granted to persons so designated by a Regional Executive
Yearly dues of this Association are $50.00 and are due on January 1st of each year. Benefits
$1,000 Death Benefit for a member who is Killed in the Line of Duty Death Benefit.
$500 Death Benefit for a canine who is Killed in the Line of Duty.
Issues of the Canine Courier Magazine mailed to your home throughout the year.